Sunday, August 2, 2009

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Jared and I are baseball fans and we are instilling this value early into our daughter. Aurora is wearing a Cubs shirt from Aunt Katie, a fellow hopeless Cub fan like Jared.

On a side note Jared has since lost the beard. Right after shaving it Aurora kept touching his face and talked up a storm to him. She seemed to be saying "There's my daddy! I wondered where you had been!"



This is us at the Lexington Legends. Through Jared's work we were able to get free tickets and dinner and it was a gorgeous night!

This is Aurora after her first softball game ever. Jared and I played for a coed league through his work. It was a lot of fun, even though it rained but Aurora was cozy and dry in her carseat in the dugout.
One of my own first outings as a baby was to my brother's baseball game.
Thus the heritage continues...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, we have been wanting to get to a Legends game - Erikw as just lamenting this morning that he felt jipped somehow that he hasn't made it to a ball game this year. (Mostly my fault...) Although, we are looking forward to this Sunday night when NFL preseason begins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What adorable photos! I am so glad to see you and Jared "LOVING" parenthood and I am sure with a little one like that it isn't difficult at all!;)

    ReplyDelete