Monday, December 21, 2009

On the Sixth or Seventh or...oh nevermind

I love giving gifts! I would give gifts to everyone I know if I had enough money or time to make them one but alas I do not. Also, in an effort to "simplfy" Christmas and keep the focus on the true meaning of the holiday, I have in recent years cut back on how many people I give gifts to and how many gifts. It's been hard, although gift giving isn't my love language, it is one way I enjoy showing love and to cutback on something that you view as love is hard.

So this year it was fun to plan our ward Christmas party and the service project because it was a way I could give gifts but have others help me too. We collected items for two shelters The Hope Center (who expects to help 400+ people this season) and BDVP's Women Shelter (who expects to help 60+ families). It was great getting to be Santa because I got to see all the cool toys and needed items, add my own gifts to the pile and deliver them but everyone else was the hard working elves providing the gifts. Total we donated about 200 items of toys, clothing, hygiene items etc... Look at this great stuff that people truly in need are going to be receiving!

Look at all the love :)





No comments:

Post a Comment