Monday, May 18, 2009

Firsts

Here is our first child and daughter, Aurora May in her first minutes of life. Momma A's (the birthmom) water broke around 7:15pm and Aurora was born at 10:36pm. It was the first birth that Jared or I have ever attended. It was amazing, educational and just a little traumatic (at least to me...I feel even more strongly that adoption is for me!)

Aurora May at 7.6 lbs and 20.5 inches.

Jared got to cut the umbilical cord (sorry no pics).




First family picture




First diaper change.

Even though I am the older sister of 4, have babysat and been a nanny etc... I was soooo nervous changing her diaper!





First nap of many to come!



2 comments:

  1. she's so beautiful! you look like such a happy family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried looking at these pictures!! I am SOO happy for you and SOOO excited to take her pictures!

    ReplyDelete