Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Aurora's Sealing Dress

Awhile ago, I said I would give more details about Aurora's sealing dress...here it is.
It was made from my wedding dress with the help of my Aunt Jan and her fabulous embroidery machine.
Here is a picture of my dress before...
(This is the only wedding pic I have scanned in at the moment)



Here is the bodice of Aurora's dress complete with pin tucks, embroidered flowers and puffed sleeves (Anne Shirley would just love those sleeves). I did most of the bodice with help.


Aunt Jan did most of the skirt.

Here is the finished product. I was soooo very pleased with it. I had been a little concern (okay quite concerned!) about cutting up my wedding dress.

I also made the bonnet.

You can see fabulous pictures of Aurora in her dress here. We are so blessed to have many talented friends who are photographers (Thanks Sheila, Mallory & Marissa!). If you didn't see Aurora's newborn pictures, then go here and here.
There is enough material to make a vest, pants and a bow tie for a little boy later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment